HOUSTON, Jan. 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LinnCo, LLC (Nasdaq:LNCO) and LINN Energy, LLC (Nasdaq:LINE) announced today the estimated federal income tax characteristics of its 2013 cash distributions to holders of its common shares. The table below describes the distributions made by the company in 2013 and the estimated reporting of such payments on United States Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") Form 1099-DIV. The company is releasing information at this time to aid banks, brokerage firms, and institutional investors that are required to issue Form 1099s to their account holders. The final determination of the tax characteristics of 2013 cash distributions is not expected to be made until mid-March 2014, and at that time the company will announce the final tax characteristics and post the corrected Form 8937 (if applicable).
LinnCo, LLC – Common Shares (CUSIP: 535782-10-6)
|Record Date||Payment Date||Cash Distribution (per share)||Percentage Reported as Total Ordinary Dividends in Box 1a of Form 1099-DIV||Percentage Reported as Qualified Dividends in Box 1b of Form 1099-DIV||Percentage Reported as Nondividend Distributions in Box 3 of Form 1099-DIV|
In accordance with IRS Code Section 6045B, the Company has posted Form 8937, Report of Organizational Actions Affecting Basis of Securities, which can be found at http://www.linnco.com/about/tax-considerations.htm. This form provides detailed information on the return of capital portion of the common share distributions.Shareholders are encouraged to consult with their personal tax advisors as to their specific tax treatment of LinnCo cash distributions. For additional information, contact LinnCo's Investor Relations Department.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV