MB Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: MBFI), the holding company for MB Financial Bank, N.A., today announced 2013 fourth quarter net income of $23.9 million and 2013 annual net income of $98.5 million.
"We ended the year on a positive note, with robust commercial loan growth and strong core earnings," stated Mitchell Feiger, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. "Our return on assets increased to 1.05% in 2013 compared to 0.95% for the prior year, driven by significant increases in revenues from our fee businesses and low credit costs. We remain focused on executing our business strategy while planning our pending merger with Taylor Capital. We look forward to an exciting 2014."
Net income, net income available to common stockholders and fully diluted earnings per share were as follows (quarterly percentage changes are not annualized throughout the document):
|3Q13 to||4Q12 to||2012 to|
|(dollars in thousands, except per share data)|
|Net income available to common stockholders||23,856||24,400||-2.2||24,012||-0.6||98,455||87,105||+13.0|
|Fully diluted earnings per share||0.43||0.44||-2.3||0.44||-2.3||1.79||1.60||+11.9|
Results for the fourth and third quarters of 2013 reflected $724 thousand and $1.8 million, respectively, in legal and professional costs related to our pending merger with Taylor Capital Group, Inc., totaling $2.5 million for the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV