Citi announced it has signed a definitive agreement for the sale of Mortgage Servicing Rights for approximately 64,000 Fannie Mae residential first mortgage loans. The Mortgage Servicing Rights primarily reside in Citi Holdings and are tied to Fannie Mae loans with outstanding unpaid principal balances of approximately $10.3 billion.
The sale includes the majority of the delinquent loans serviced by CitiMortgage for Fannie Mae, and it represents nearly 20% of the total loans serviced by CitiMortgage that are 60 days or more past due. As part of the agreement, Citi and Fannie Mae substantially resolved pending and future compensatory fee claims related to Citi’s servicing practices on these loans.
This transaction advances Citi’s ongoing objective to reduce assets and expenses within Citi Holdings and more efficiently aligns Citi’s mortgage servicing operations with current business needs. Citi will continue to explore opportunities to further reduce Citi Holdings assets.
The transfer of servicing will begin in the first quarter and will continue into the third quarter of 2014. Citi will work diligently to ensure a smooth transition in the servicing of these loans for impacted customers.About Citi Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV