Highlighted Post-Market Laggard: Kinder Morgan (KMI)
- KMI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $155.1 million.
- KMI is down 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMI: Kinder Morgan, Inc. owns and operates energy transportation and storage assets in the United States and Canada. The company operates in six segments: Natural Gas Pipelines, Products Pipelines KMP, CO2 KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.6%. KMI has a PE ratio of 33.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kinder Morgan has been 5.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $36.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.65 and a short float of 2.1% with 3.12 days to cover. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally higher debt management risk and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 43.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $200.00 million to $286.00 million.
- 40.15% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KMI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KMI's net profit margin of 7.61% compares favorably to the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, KMI has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.71 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.35, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.