QAD Inc. (NASDAQ:QADA) (NASDAQ:QADB), a leading provider of enterprise software and services, recently transitioned ELHI Polymer Moulding from an on-premise ERP solution to QAD’s On Demand cloud solution. Full details are available in a recently published case study.
ELHI Polymer Moulding (ELHI), a specialized plastic injection-moulding company, provides technical and complex moulded components to meet the needs of original equipment manufacturers (OEM) in a variety of industries including electronics, automotive and medical. They use injection-moulding machines to provide highly precise components serving a wide array of customers with unique requirements.
ELHI recognized that they didn't have the expertise in-house to maximize their on- premise ERP system and after consulting with QAD, determined the QAD On Demand cloud solution offered ELHI a simple and robust solution with the expertise needed for rapid implementation, predictable operating costs and regular system updates.
"We are great at what we do, but we were missing the IT expertise we required," commented Gijs Jansen, Managing Director at ELHI. "The QAD On Demand cloud solution immediately struck us as the solution. It enables us to outsource management of our ERP system to a world-class partner with proven software-as-a-service expertise."Freedom to concentrate on core business when the right expertise is in the right places During ELHI's change from on-premise to On Demand, QAD’s Easy On Boarding methodology and the deployment independence built into the system allowed on-premise and On Demand to temporarily coexist as part of a single environment -- resulting in a seamless transition.
- ELHI now has global access to all of the QAD Enterprise Applications functionality in a software-as-a-service (SaaS) delivery model specifically designed for global manufacturers.
- Costs are predictable, affordable and easy to budget.
- The IT and financial risks of ERP system management on-premise or through an unassociated third-party vendor have been reduced.
- Systems and infrastructure are now managed and administered by QAD in highly secure data centers meeting the requirements of SSAE16 SOC I Type II.
- Data centers are stringently controlled and monitored with greater than 99.5% application availability.