AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) and Hale Global announced today the creation of a joint venture to run Patch, the premier platform for local news and information in the United States that serves more than 16 million people monthly** with a network of more than 900 sites. Under the terms of the agreement, AOL will contribute Patch into a new limited liability company, which will be operated and majority owned by Hale Global.
Hale Global brings substantial experience in the areas of online media, local marketing, mobile, retail, and advertising and has an impressive track record for re-defining company visions and creating long-term growth from the companies they operate.
AOL and Hale Global believe residents of all communities should be empowered through technology to stay connected and informed. The companies are committed to re-launching Patch as an efficient platform that allows citizens and businesses to create and share locally-themed news and content -- not just with those in their own communities but to the wider world.
Among the concepts planned for Patch moving forward:
- Technology solutions to make community participation seamless
- Mobile-first experience with social integration
- National, regional, and local advertising self-service tools
- Geo-targeted advertising products
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts