BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass and the BBVA Compass Foundation hosted the first annual "Building a Better Birmingham" reception Tuesday, honoring 50 of the nonprofit and community partners it works with to make the city a better place to live and work.
In 2013, some $1.1 million was contributed to Birmingham's nonprofit community directly from the bank as well as through the BBVA Compass Foundation and BBVA Compass Charity, the bank's employee giving program. In addition, local employees volunteered more than 15,000 hours of their time.
"BBVA Compass supports a number of great nonprofits in our community, and it is important to us to take time to thank them for letting us be a part of their mission," said Alan Register, BBVA Compass Birmingham city president.
The honorees included:
- Accion Texas Inc.
- Alabama Asset Building Coalition
- Alabama Ballet
- Alabama Council on Economic Education Inc.
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- American Heart Association
- Be The Match
- Better Basics
- Birmingham Children's Theatre
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- Birmingham Zoo Inc.
- Breakthrough Collaborative
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
- Childcare Resources
- Financial Education Outreach
- First Light
- Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama
- Girls Incorporated of Central Alabama
- Greater Alabama Council Boy Scouts of America
- Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama
- Impact Alabama
- IMPACT Family Counseling
- Junior Achievement of Greater Birmingham Inc.
- Junior League of Birmingham
- Leadership Birmingham
- Magic City Smooth Jazz
- March of Dimes
- McWane Science Center
- PFLAG Birmingham
- PreSchool Partners
- Railroad Park Foundation
- Red Mountain Theatre Company
- REV Birmingham
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
- Seedco Financial Services Inc.
- Teach for America – Alabama
- The Children's Aid Society
- The Learning Village
- The Women's Fund of Greater Birmingham
- Three Hots and a Cot
- UAB Educational Foundation
- United Way of Central Alabama Inc.
- University of Montevallo Foundation
- Woodlawn Foundation
- YMCA of Greater Birmingham
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV