SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, today announced an agreement with the National Football League to become the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider for the League and Super Bowl XLVIII. The sponsorship underscores the NFL's commitment to enhancing the in-stadium experience for fans and the critical role big data and analytics play in delivering on that goal for today's highly connected fans.
Extreme Networks will help the NFL analyze and solve the challenges associated with connectivity in stadiums. As the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider of the NFL, Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology can be available to all NFL teams to help manage and leverage big data to continue to improve the game-day experience.
- Extreme Networks intelligent Wi-Fi analytics technology is currently deployed to monitor and measure fan experience at the following teams' stadiums: Detroit Lions; Philadelphia Eagles; New England Patriots; and New York Giants/New York Jets .
- The implementation of Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology provides unprecedented near real-time visibility into what fans expect from their in-stadium experience, enabling each team to more easily deploy new applications and services to better the experience.
- The decision to deploy Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology is part of the NFL's overall plan to improve the stadium experience through guidelines established by the League for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology enhances the management of Wi-Fi systems, allowing teams to better spend time and resources on delivering fans the interactive event they desire.
Executive PerspectivesChuck Berger, president and CEO, Extreme Networks "The introduction of mobile and social technology has dramatically changed the fan experience and access to high performance Wi-Fi has emerged as a necessary asset. Combined with our analytics technology, we are providing the NFL with the insights needed to bring a rich and digitally immersive game-day event to all fans. It's not just about delivering connectivity, it's about helping deliver an experience and that's the key."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV