Trade-Ideas: Salesforce.com (CRM) Is Today's Unusual Social Activity Stock
- CRM has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 9.56 mentions/day.
- CRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $229.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRM: salesforce.com, inc. provides enterprise cloud computing solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Currently there are 22 analysts that rate Salesforce.com a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Salesforce.com has been 4.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Salesforce.com has a market cap of $33.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.34 and a short float of 73.9% with 12.58 days to cover. Shares are up 4.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Salesforce.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 45.80% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SALESFORCE.COM INC has improved earnings per share by 45.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SALESFORCE.COM INC reported poor results of -$0.48 versus -$0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus -$0.48).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SALESFORCE.COM INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CRM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.64 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.42 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Salesforce.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.