3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Leisure Industry
1. As of noon trading, Brinker International ( EAT) is down $0.70 (-1.5%) to $46.07 on average volume. Thus far, 595,724 shares of Brinker International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 964,700 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.04-$47.33 after having opened the day at $46.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.77. Brinker International, Inc. owns, develops, operates, and franchises full-service casual dining restaurants under the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy brands primarily in the United States. As of September 25, 2013, it owned, operated, or franchised 1,596 restaurants. Brinker International has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Brinker International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brinker International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Brinker International Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the leisure industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Leisure&Entert ( PEJ) while those bearish on the leisure industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Services ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts