1. As of noon trading, WellPoint ( WLP) is down $0.65 (-0.7%) to $90.70 on average volume. Thus far, 957,754 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $90.59-$91.90 after having opened the day at $91.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.35. WellPoint, Inc., a health benefits company, through its subsidiaries, offers network-based managed care plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid, and senior markets in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Commercial, Consumer, and Other. WellPoint has a market cap of $26.8 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate WellPoint a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates WellPoint as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full WellPoint Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health services industry could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts