4. As of noon trading, Equity Residential ( EQR) is up $0.36 (0.7%) to $53.85 on light volume. Thus far, 498,220 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.60-$53.94 after having opened the day at $53.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.49. Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. Equity Residential has a market cap of $19.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 409.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts who rate Equity Residential a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Equity Residential as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Get the full Equity Residential Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts