1. As of noon trading, Eli Lilly and Company ( LLY) is up $0.70 (1.3%) to $53.14 on average volume. Thus far, 2.6 million shares of Eli Lilly and Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.42-$53.30 after having opened the day at $52.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.44. Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. Eli Lilly and Company has a market cap of $58.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts who rate Eli Lilly and Company a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Eli Lilly and Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Eli Lilly and Company Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts