Kelly argued that the global and U.S. economies are showing signs of slowing down, evidenced by ISM reports, employment data and struggles within the retail sector.
Seymour disagreed. He said wage growth and consumer spending continue to climb. He did admit stocks that are overvalued are getting nailed for under-delivering.
Finerman said she bought shares of J.C. Penney (JCP) as a trade. She does not believe in the company's long-term success but thought the stock could go higher over the short term.
Guest Doug Freedman, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, has a market perform rating on Intel (INTC), which is slightly lower after reporting earnings.
He did not like the management team's decision to "double down" on its investment in the tablet market since it was costing the company in upside earnings potential. He's disappointed that Intel saw lower demand in its server business, which is more profitable than its PC business, which rose. He prefers Marvell Technology Group (MRVL).Adami said Intel's earnings report was okay but the stock reacted negatively because it ran up so far into the report. Seymour really likes what SolarCity (SCTY) is doing in the residential solar market. However, he's not a buyer at current levels.
Adami said Hershey (HSY) could have slightly more upside from current levels but is richly valued. He wants to avoid the stock.
Brad Hintz, an equity research analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein and former CFO of Lehman Brothers, was a guest on the show. He said Citigroup (C) has a low valuation. Citi has great international exposure, especially to Asia, and rising interest rates will likely help the financial sector.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV