Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:46 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Citigroup upgraded VMware (VMW) to buy from hold. Cramer agreed saying it's an exciting company and "a very good stock." VMW rose 1% to $99.33.
Priceline.com (PCLN) is one of Cramer's favorite stocks. "This is how people get great bargains," he explained. It's "part of the new frugality." PCLN rose 1% to $1,184.65.Cramer said Edward Lifesciences (EW) is "worth a great deal" after it found a way to implement its heart valve devices without breaking open the patient's chest cavity. It was also awarded $392 million from Medtronic (MDT) due to patent infringements. EW was 1.1% higher at $72.67. Wells Fargo had a positive note on SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS). Cramer called it "nutty" because the positive comments stem from the Blackfish documentary failing to be nominated for an Oscar. Blackfish portrayed SeaWorld in a very negative manner. SEAS jumped 8.4% to $33.59. Shares of AOL (AOL) are higher on Thursday after it announced Hale Global would take over the operations of its Patch local news sites. This is what investors were looking for and "it's a strong delivery" by AOL, Cramer said. AOL soared 11.2% to close at $52.54. Raymond James was positive on Facebook (FB). Cramer said expectations for the quarter don't seem to be very good, meaning the company could surprise to the upside. FB closed nearly 1% lower at $57.19. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV