Pennsylvania American Water today announced that applications are being accepted for its 2014 Stream of Learning Scholarship Program to provide financial assistance to high school seniors who are planning to pursue careers in the water and wastewater industry. The program is designed to support outstanding students living in Pennsylvania American Water’s service territories who are charting a course of study in specific fields, ranging from engineering to environmental science, which are crucial to the water and wastewater business.
The company will award scholarships of $2,000 each to 10 students who are selected through the program’s application process. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students must currently live in one of Pennsylvania American Water’s service areas. (Students can attend college outside of the company’s service territory.)
- Students must plan to attend a two- or four-year college or technical school.
- Students must plan to study environmental science, environmental engineering, biology or chemistry.
“Previous winners of our Stream of Learning Scholarships have been extremely bright, dedicated students who have much to offer for our industry’s future,” said Kathy L. Pape, president of Pennsylvania American Water. “Through this program, we’re looking to attract and encourage talented young people who share our commitment to maintaining public health, protecting the environment and promoting economic development.”
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges and will receive their awards in May. Family members of Pennsylvania American Water employees are not eligible.This month, the company is sending scholarship brochures and applications to high school guidance counselors throughout its service territory. Applications can also be downloaded from the company’s website at www.pennsylvaniaamwater.com and must be postmarked by March 14, 2014. Pennsylvania American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.2 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states and parts of Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV