NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. equities are adding to Tuesday's gains in early Wednesday trading. TheStreet's Jonathan Marino added that European stocks were higher as well, while the Nikkei closed higher by 2.5%.
Shares of Apple (AAPL) rose about 1% in pre-market trading on news with China Mobile Limited (CHL), Marino said, noting that the companies' partnership will now extend beyond just handsets. Apple's stock was recently up 2.2% to $558.15.
Turning to earnings, Bank of America (BAC) joined Wells Fargo (WFC) and JPMorgan (JPM) by beating estimates for earnings and revenue. Bank of America posted fourth-quarter earnings of 29 cents per share, above analysts' estimates of 26 cents per share and last year's 3 cents per share, Marino said.
Sticking with financials, Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS pick of the day is JPMorgan. The company trades at a 15% to 20% discount to its peers.-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV