3 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: LPHI, LGP, AMTG
Lehigh Gas Partners (NYSE: LGP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.10%. Lehigh Gas Partners LP engages in the wholesale distribution of motor fuels to gas stations, truck stops, and toll road plazas in the United States. It offers gasoline and diesel fuels. The company also owns and leases real estate used in the retail distribution of motor fuels. The average volume for Lehigh Gas Partners has been 75,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lehigh Gas Partners has a market cap of $315.9 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Lehigh Gas Partners as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 45.89 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, LGP has a quick ratio of 0.52, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for LEHIGH GAS PARTNERS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 3.51%. Regardless of LGP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.00% trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- LEHIGH GAS PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.24 versus $0.23).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1194.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.45 million to $4.92 million.
- You can view the full Lehigh Gas Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV