Macquarie Infrastructure Company (NYSE: MIC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.80%. Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC, through its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and invests in a diversified group of infrastructure businesses in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 516.30. The average volume for Macquarie Infrastructure Company has been 276,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Macquarie Infrastructure Company has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the wholesale industry. Shares are down 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Macquarie Infrastructure Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Transportation Infrastructure industry. The net income increased by 653.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.88 million to $10.41 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $50.66 million or 27.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.26%.
- 41.57% is the gross profit margin for MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MIC's net profit margin of 3.94% significantly trails the industry average.
- MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC reported lower earnings of $0.29 versus $0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.74 versus $0.29).
- You can view the full Macquarie Infrastructure Company Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts