Trinity Industries (TRN) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- TRN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $75.8 million.
- TRN has traded 10,410 shares today.
- TRN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRN: Trinity Industries, Inc. provides products and services to the industrial, energy, transportation, and construction sectors primarily in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Sweden. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. TRN has a PE ratio of 13.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Trinity Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trinity Industries has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trinity has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.97 and a short float of 12.5% with 7.35 days to cover. Shares are up 1.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trinity Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 59.49% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 49.74% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TRN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TRINITY INDUSTRIES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRINITY INDUSTRIES increased its bottom line by earning $3.17 versus $1.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.67 versus $3.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 57.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $63.20 million to $99.60 million.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts