eBay Enterprise, the leading global provider of omnichannel solutions, including commerce technologies, order management, retail operations and marketing services for retailers and brands of all sizes, today released findings from its 2014 Omnichannel Benchmark Study, conducted in December 2013, which audited the maturity of 168 retailers across capability, technology, organization and customer experience. The research confirmed that mid-sized retailers are behind their larger competitors in implementing omnichannel experiences and inflexible technology is the biggest factor in prohibiting retailer maturity and growth.
Key findings from the report include:
- Mid-sized retailers continue to lag behind large-scale retailers in providing omnichannel experiences to their customers.
- Large-scale retailers are still new to omnichannel customer engagement, having only invested in it over the last five years.
- Mid-sized retailers face the greatest deficiency in their ability to deliver content to consumers as they research brands and products.
- Rigid technology solutions are the biggest impediment to increasing and improving customer omnichannel experiences.
“As mid-sized retailers continue to compete with their large scale counterparts, their ability to adapt to an omnichannel environment becomes critical for profitability, loyalty and survival,” said Steve Denton, vice president of marketing solutions, eBay Enterprise. “The 2014 Omnichannel Benchmark study highlighted a critical gap in the ability of mid-market retailers to provide consumers with relevant experiences that also allow them to research products and consumer behavior across multiple touch points, including in-store, online, mobile, marketplaces, and customer service, significantly impacting their ability to increase brand awareness and demand generation.”
“With eBay Enterprise solutions such as Magento + eBay Enterprise Omnichannel Solution, Ship-From-Store in 99 days and a suite of marketing solutions including creative, search, email, affiliate network, display, retargeting, attribution, database and CRM, mid-sized and large-scale retailers alike now have the technologies required to meet and exceed their customers’ needs,” said Denton.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV