Tamara Franklin, who has been guiding distribution of the company’s lifestyle content onto emerging video platforms and services, has been named executive vice president of digital for Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. (NYSE: SNI).
Tamara Franklin has been named executive vice president of digital for Scripps Networks Interactive. (Photo: Business Wire)
In her new role, Franklin will work with the company’s digital business units to coordinate overall strategy and activity, focusing on an integrated company-wide approach to digital video production and distribution. Franklin previously had been serving as the company’s senior vice president of affiliate operations and new media distribution.
Scripps Networks Interactive’s television and digital brands include HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country. The company also operates ulive, a lifestyle site and distribution platform that offers video from Scripps channels as well as more than 70 original series.
Franklin will report to Burton Jablin, president of the company’s Scripps Networks operating division.“Tamara Franklin has a stellar reputation for forward thinking, strong relationships throughout the industry, and an extensive background in emerging technologies and new business development,” Jablin said. “We intend to leverage those talents as audience demand for our lifestyle video content extends beyond television. We believe her deep knowledge of the business and valuable insights into consumer behavior will help drive the success of our powerful brands in these new digital spaces.” As head of new media distribution, Franklin has been instrumental in the development and recent rollout of several TV Everywhere apps for Scripps Networks Interactive television brands. She also led the successful negotiation and subsequent distribution of the company’s content on Amazon’s Prime Instant Video service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV