Ecolab introduces Nexa™, a new hand hygiene dispensing platform that makes it easier to promote good hand-washing practices and reduce the spread of infectious diseases in healthcare, foodservice, hospitality, long-term care and commercial facilities.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 80 percent of all infections are transmitted by hands, and hand washing is the single most effective way to reduce the spread of infectious diseases 2. Failing to sufficiently wash one’s hands significantly contributes to the spread of foodborne illness outbreaks 3 and also to the 1.7 million hospital-acquired infections that occur in the U.S. each year 4. A June 2013 study by Michigan State University found that only five percent of those observed in public washrooms washed their hands long enough to remove dangerous bacteria 5.
“The reasons for poor hand hygiene can range from individuals not fully understanding the health risks to feeling they are too busy,” said Dr. Andy Cooper, vice president of Research, Development & Engineering at Ecolab. “We’ve designed Nexa to deliver on key aesthetic and functionality needs, while being flexible and simple to use in our varying customer locations. Nexa also incorporates key design elements that meet our customers’ unique needs, such as creating an antimicrobial push bar for the manual dispenser to help inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew 6.”
The innovative Nexa platform can dispense an array of Ecolab hand hygiene products, including liquid and foam hand soaps, lotions, hand sanitizers and body shampoos, all from the same unit, making changing of products easy. Depending upon the product used, Nexa dispensers can be installed near commercial kitchen sinks, in restrooms and public spaces of commercial buildings, and at nurses’ stations, in patient rooms and in public areas of healthcare facilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV