ARMONK, N.Y. and AMSTERDAM, Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SoftLayer, an IBM Company (NYSE: IBM), today announced that game development studio KUULUU and world's largest online game servers provider Multiplay are using IBM SoftLayer's cloud capabilities to power widely popular games such as Battlefield 4 and RECHARGE. KUULUU tapped into SoftLayer's cloud for higher performance and scale for their newest game created with Linkin Park, the most popular band on Facebook with 55 million followers, called RECHARGE , while Multiplay utilizes SoftLayer cloud to support the mega title Battlefield 4.
The global gaming market is estimated to total $111 billion by 2015 – driven largely by the increasingly popularity of cloud gaming (online, streamed and downloaded games are estimated to represent as much as $38B in revenue in 2012). By leveraging the cloud built on open standards to host and stream games, developers are able to provide users with uninterrupted, instant access to games across any devices that will provide higher performance and easily scale based. This allows games to be streamed directly from the cloud, rather than downloaded locally, freeing up storage space on user devices and making access to updates easier and more efficient.
Since last spring, the amount of active players relying on SoftLayer's cloud infrastructure has grown to 130 million. The company serves the whole ecosystem, from independent developers, to game studios, to publishers. By taking advantage of SoftLayer's cloud capabilities they are able to meet the demands of players around the world who expect faster development cycles, no-lag game play, and a flawless overall user experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV