SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamond Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq:DMND) ("Diamond") today announced the results of voting at its annual meeting of stockholders. At the meeting, stockholders approved all the proposals recommended by the Company's Board of Directors in its proxy statement dated November 27, 2013, including:
- The election of Ed Blechschmidt, Dean Hollis and Robert Zollars as Class III directors to serve on the Company's Board of Directors until the 2017 annual meeting;
- The ratification of the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2014; and
- Approving, on an advisory basis, the compensation paid to Company-named executive officers, known as the "Say-on-Pay" vote.
Diamond also confirmed that it will continue to have nine members of its Board of Directors.
"I would like to thank our dedicated Board of Directors for its ongoing service to Diamond Foods. We appreciate the contribution and expertise of each member, and we look forward to working together in 2014 and in the years ahead to continue our efforts with our multi-year turnaround strategy," said Brian Driscoll, Diamond's President and Chief Executive Officer.About Diamond Foods Diamond Foods is an innovative packaged food company focused on building and energizing brands including Kettle® Chips, Emerald® snack nuts, Pop Secret® popcorn, and Diamond of California® nuts. Diamond's products are distributed in a wide range of stores where snacks and culinary nuts are sold. For more information, visit the Company's corporate web site: http://www.diamondfoods.com.
CONTACT: Investors: ICR Katie Turner 415-230-7952 Media: ICR Anton Nicholas/Jessica Liddell 415-445-7431
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts