NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) has started the rollout of its "TV Everywhere" app FXNOW, which will bring ad-supported shows to multiple devices for subscribers to supported cable providers.
Shares of Twenty-First Century Fox gained 0.1% to $32.34 in after hours trading Tuesday.
The app lets cable subscribers view original programming from FX, FXX, and FXM on a variety of devices including the iPhone, Android phones, and Xbox One. The app includes shows such as Archer, Chozen, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Wilfred, and The Americans. It will also include episodes of upcoming shows such as The Strain, and Fargo.
In August, when it begins airing in syndication on FXX, the app will also let viewers watch 530 episodes from the first 24 seasons of The Simpsons.FXNOW will also give users access to 45 to 60 movies each month. The FXNOW app is available to AT&T (T) U-Verse, Comcast (CMCSA), Cablevision (CVC), and Suddenlink subscribers. Dish (DISH), Direct TV (DTV), and Time Warner Cable (TWC) notably don't yet support the app. Like Hulu Plus, the app shows ads during breaks in TV shows, providing a potential revenue stream for Twenty-First Century Fox and cable providers. TheStreet Ratings team rates TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC (FOXA) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- FOXA's share price has surged by 26.94% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.91 versus $0.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.04 versus $2.91).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FOXA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV