Hyundai Genesis is the carmaker's entry in the luxury market. It replaces a 2009 model. Ibara thinks the 2015 version should be included in this story -- Who are we to argue?
"A lot of skeptics were thinking that the Koreans couldn't enter the luxury market, but the current generation Genesis is a very good vehicle and Hyundai has improved on it," he said. "The styling is more distinctive and they have made improvements with added features. We think this will be a success in the marketplace."
If you don't like our choices, we should add that at an investor conference Tuesday afternoon, Raj Nair, Ford product chief, was asked whether any non-Ford vehicles at the show had impressed him. He named three -- Genesis, the Chrysler 200, and the Mercedes C Class. He called the Genesis "a very competent vehicle" and said he was impressed that the 200 is "extending the Dart platform to that level of capability.""There are a lot of great products," Nair said. "There are very few bad products out there right now. It's scary for us." Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
To contact this writer, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV