Update (4:53 p.m. EST): Updated with closing price, day high and low prices, price change and volume information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Allot Communications Ltd. (ALLT) rose the most it had in three months on Tuesday after the U.S. Court of Appeals ruled earlier in the day that the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules had no basis within federal law.
The stock rose 9.51% to $16.35, up $1.42 from its previous close of $14.93, at the close of the trading day on Tuesday. Allot had a volume of 1,805,955, more than six times greater than its average of 300,781. It hit a high of $16.60 and a low of $14.78 for the day. The $16.60 figure also represents a one-year high.
Allot, an Israeli company that creates technology that tracks wireless traffic and provides IP service optimization solutions, had dropped 15% in the last year but soared more than 10% during the trading day, the biggest increase since Oct. 2, 2013.
The court ruled against the net neutrality rules, which would mandate that companies provide Internet service via wires in order to treat all traffic equally. The U.S. accounted for 24% of Allot's revenue in 2012, so the stock jumped after the court's ruling allowed for Allot's potential benefit in the country.
TheStreet Ratings team rates Allot Communications as a "hold" with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ALLOT COMMUNICATIONS LTD (ALLT) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ALLT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.84, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ALLOT COMMUNICATIONS LTD is currently very high, coming in at 79.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -8.05% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ALLOT COMMUNICATIONS LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$19.46 million or 13076.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ALLT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV