1. As of noon trading, General Electric ( GE) is up $0.16 (0.6%) to $26.89 on light volume. Thus far, 9.5 million shares of General Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 36.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.74-$26.95 after having opened the day at $26.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.73. General Electric Company operates as an infrastructure and financial services company worldwide. General Electric has a market cap of $272.8 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 6 analysts who rate General Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full General Electric Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the industrial goods sector could consider Industrial Select Sector SPDR ( XLI) while those bearish on the industrial goods sector could consider ProShares Short Dow 30 ( DOG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts