4. As of noon trading, Illinois Tool Works ( ITW) is up $0.76 (0.9%) to $81.88 on light volume. Thus far, 484,374 shares of Illinois Tool Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $81.12-$81.91 after having opened the day at $81.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.11. Illinois Tool Works Inc. manufactures and sells a range of industrial products and equipment worldwide. Illinois Tool Works has a market cap of $36.6 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 8 analysts who rate Illinois Tool Works a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Illinois Tool Works as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Illinois Tool Works Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts