Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Wednesday.
Bank of America/Merrill Lynch upgraded MeadWestvaco (MWV) to a buy based on optimism about the company's restructuring efforts. Cramer added that "it's a very cheap stock." MWV jumped 4.8% to $37.38.
Jefferies says Deckers Outdoor (DECK) is actually doing well while other rating agencies have argued the opposite. "I agree with Jefferies," Cramer announced. DECK rose 45 cents to $83.04.
Credit Suisse upgraded Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to buy from hold. Cramer said some investors began to worry about the company because retail stocks have been getting hammered lately. That is not the case for DKS, according to Credit Suisse. DKS was 2.1% higher at $56.39.UBS downgraded PetSmart (PETM) to hold from buy. Cramer thinks the management turmoil has a created "a bit of a nightmare. I don't know if you want to get in front of that." PETM fell 2.4% to $65.48. "United Rentals (URI) is on fire," Cramer said. He said people are now renting their farm and construction equipment from the company rather than buying it because they are still skittish over the longer term. Jefferies raised its 12-month price target to $100. URI rose 3.6% to $81.68. Goldman Sachs downgraded Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) to hold from buy based on earnings potential, but raised its price target. "On an earnings basis, it's not as attractive as sum-of-the-parts," Cramer said. HTZ fell 2.2% to $26.70. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV