Award highlights employees' above-and-beyond commitment to company success
TORONTO, Jan. 14, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) is proud to be named one of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in Canada by Achievers, a U.S.-based company that specializes in employee rewards and recognition.
This annual award recognizes the 50 top employers in Canada as well as 50 in the United States that demonstrate leadership and innovation through employee engagement in the workplace.
"It's a great compliment to be recognized for our efforts as one of the most engaged workplaces in Canada," said Jacqueline Moss, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources. "CIBC is dedicated to creating a culture where our employees can excel and be recognized for their outstanding achievements, unique talents and contributions in the workplace. It's these individual and team contributions that make CIBC an employer of choice and an engaging workplace."The winners are evaluated on employee engagement in eight areas: Communication; Leadership; Culture; Rewards & Recognition; Professional & Personal Growth; Accountability & Performance; Vision & Values; and Corporate Social Responsibility. CIBC will be honored alongside other recipients of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Award at a gala on March 6, 2014 in Toronto. Other recent recognition that CIBC has received for its industry-best practices include:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc.;
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Best Employer for New Canadians by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and a Top Employer for Canadians Over 40 by Mediacorp;
- One of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers by Mediacorp;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Interbrand's 25 Best Canadian Brands;
- Named one of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.