MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On the heels of its successful career networking conference in Chicago, Professional Diversity Network, Inc. (Nasdaq:IPDN) will launch the first of its 2014 conferences in Minneapolis, MN on Monday, January 20 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The fair offers a wide array of career development opportunities for African-American, Asian-American and Hispanic-American professionals, as well as professional Women and Veterans, professionals with disabilities and members of the LGBT professional community.
The event will take place on Martin Luther King Day, a federal holiday commemorating the life and achievements of the inspirational American civil rights leader. Mike Hall, executive vice president of Professional Diversity Network said, "By hosting the event on MLK Day we not only hope to increase participation among local job-seekers, but also to celebrate the values of equality Dr. King so compellingly expressed in his dream for America."
In addition to networking opportunities, the one-day event will offer seminars on personal branding, resume writing and "acing" the job interview. Participating companies include 3M, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, HealthPartners, Intermediate District 287, NextEra Energy Resources, Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota Physicians, COUNTRY Financial, Land O'Lakes, ACR Healthcare, The Schwan Food Company, The Arc Greater Twin Cites, and Prime Therapeutics, among others.
"In an increasingly competitive global economy, the ability to recruit top talent from the largest and most diverse pool of candidates is critical to improving the bottom line and achieving success in the marketplace," Hall added. "Professional Diversity Network's capacity for connecting employers with top diversity talent is unparalleled in the industry."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV