JPMorgan Chase (JPM): Stock With Unusual Social Activity
- JPM has 12x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 28.69 mentions/day.
- JPM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $848.7 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JPM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JPM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JPM: JPMorgan Chase & Co., a financial holding company, provides various financial services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. JPM has a PE ratio of 13.2. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate JPMorgan Chase a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for JPMorgan Chase has been 17.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JPMorgan Chase has a market cap of $219.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 2.02 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.20 days to cover. Shares are down 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JPMorgan Chase as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 259.53% to $26,577.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.84%.
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 92.77%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.48% is in-line with the industry average.
- JPM's share price has surged by 29.22% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JPM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- JPM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts