NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A report from Credit Suisse, EY, and University of St.Gallen, entitled, "The Family Office Dynamic: Pathway to Successful Family and Wealth Management," provides a comprehensive guide to setting up a family office and best practices within the sector. The paper also provides an analysis of important topics and issues to consider when deciding whether to establish, or restructure, a family office.
"Credit Suisse has had the privilege of serving the world's wealthiest families since 1865," said Rich Jaffe, Head of Credit Suisse Private Banking North America. "This publication illustrates our considerable experience in advising and supporting our clients in all phases of the family office process, from inception to maturity. As family offices continue to gain in popularity, this paper is an invaluable guide for families considering setting up a family office. ""The EY Global Family Business Center of Excellence has experience working with a large number of entrepreneurial families and has observed firsthand the complexity of their private wealth needs," said Peter Englisch, Global Family Business Leader at EY. "This guide is an essential tool to help families fulfill their goal of securing wealth for future generations." Increasing numbers of family offices have been set up during the last decade, and this trend shows no sign of declining. There is every reason to expect more family offices to be established in light of continuing wealth concentration, the desire of families to pass on assets to the next generations and rising globalization. This paper explores what a family office does and the most effective structures and processes. This white paper provides answers to the following key questions:
- Why should a family set up a family office, and what are the different types of family offices?
- What services are generally best performed in-house, and which outsourced?
- How are family office professionals most effectively recruited and managed?
- What needs to be included in a family office business plan - and what are the different stages involved in setting up a family office?
- Which are the most important considerations when selecting a jurisdiction for the family office?
- What are the major risk areas and how can these be managed?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV