"Boeing wants to establish new pathways for sustainable jet fuel, and this green diesel initiative is a groundbreaking step in that long journey," said Julie Felgar, managing director of Boeing Commercial Airplanes Environmental Strategy and Integration. "To support our customers, industry and communities, Boeing will continue to look for opportunities to reduce aviation's environmental footprint."
Green diesel, also called "renewable diesel," can be used in any diesel engine. It is chemically different and a different product than the fuel known as "biodiesel."
Boeing partners with airlines, engine makers, governments, fuel companies and research organizations around the world to commercialize sustainable jet fuel. Boeing and the 27 airlines in the Sustainable Aviation Fuel Users Group are committed to develop biofuel that is produced sustainably, without adverse impact to greenhouse gas emissions, local food security, soil, water and air.
Contact: Jessica KowalEnvironment CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+1 206-660-6849 email@example.comSOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV