The 17 transportation stocks are in a sector that's 29.9% overvalued with an underweight rating as 76.5% of the 170 stocks in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.
iShares Dow Transports (IYT) ($131.92) set a all-time intra-day high at $134.10 on Monday and closed below Friday's low at $132.37, which is a key reversal given lower closes today and tomorrow. The weekly chart shown below is positive but overbought with its five-week modified moving average at $129.99 and the 200-week simple moving average at $95.92. My semiannual and quarterly value levels are $129.17 and $126.32 with monthly and semiannual pivots at $131.56 and $131.89. My annual value level is $111.27.
Courtesy of MetaStock Xenith
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV