NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Dow Jones Transportation Average (OTC: ^DJT) outperformed the other four major averages in 2013 with a gain of 39.4%. Dow transports set a new all-time multi-year high on Monday at 7485.34 before falling to 7,361.84 at the close, between my monthly and semiannual pivots at 7327 and 7376. Transports stayed above my second semiannual pivot at 7245 on Jan. 6.
Today I provide a table of my buy-and-trade parameters for 17 brand-named companies from the transportation sector: three airlines, two air freighters, one in leasing, three railroads and eight truckers.
One airline set a new all time intra-day high on Monday and another flew to a new multi-year intra-day high. Railroad CSX (CSX) set a new all-time intra-day high and reports quarterly earnings after the close tomorrow. Two truckers reached new all-time intra-day highs and another a new multi-year high helping transports drive to its new high.
The airlines are flying at altitudes that should be difficult to sustain, but with no risky levels. The leader is Delta Airlines (DAL) up 130.1% over the last 12 months and in the flight to new heights has become 89.7% overvalued with a sell rating according to www.ValuEngine.com.(FDX) outperformed United Parcel Services (UPS) with a gain of 42.8% over the last 12 months compared to 26.5% for its rival. Both are overvalued by 34.1% and 26.6% respectively. On the rails Norfolk Southern (NSC) was the fractional outperformer with a gain of 39% over the last 12 months but is the most overvalued by 24.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV