SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) announced today that AECOM , one of the world's largest providers of professional, technical and management support services for transportation, facilities, environment, energy, water and government, will deploy several solutions from Trimble's Design-Build-Operate (DBO) software portfolio to improve project workflows, increase visibility and accuracy, and enhance team collaboration for construction projects.
The multi-year agreement covers a variety of software offered by Trimble Buildings, a Trimble group focused on making the construction industry significantly more productive through advanced, accessible, and intuitive technologies for project professionals and stakeholders. AECOM has opted to procure Trimble software on a subscription basis, allowing the company flexibility to easily scale its active subscriptions in line with project and program needs around the globe.
In addition, AECOM will expand its current use of Trimble's Proliance ® enterprise capital program management software. The software combines capital planning, project and program management, business process management and analytics into one system of record, enabling asset owners to control program delivery and track how their real estate, construction and facilities portfolios are performing across the plan-build-operate lifecycle. AECOM will use Proliance as a platform to support more efficient standardization of large project and program management assignments globally.
AECOM also plans to provide on-demand access to the following software across its organization to deliver a powerful, synchronized suite of services to its client base:
- SketchUp Pro – the construction professional's version of the world's most popular 3D modeling tool used for creating, updating and communicating designs in 3D.
- Tekla Structures – the premier BIM (Building Information Modeling) tool for the creation and management of constructible 3D models from conceptual design to material fabrication, erection, and site management.
- Vico Office – virtual construction software, augmenting 3D models with constructability analysis and coordination, location-based quantity takeoff, 4D (time) scheduling and production control, and 5D (cost) estimating.
- WinEst – powerful database-driven software that uses a highly flexible spreadsheet for creating, adjusting and presenting cost estimates.
- Modelogix – software for collecting and analyzing past-project data and generating comprehensive cost models for future projects.
- Prolog ® – project-management and cost-control software for general contractors and construction managers.
- Quantm ® – alignment planning software that integrates engineering, environmental, social and economic factors into simultaneous analysis of alternatives for rail and road planning.
- Trimble AutoBid ® Mechanical – labor and material estimating software for commercial mechanical, piping, and plumbing contractors.
- Trimble Accubid ® Enterprise Estimating – a server-based, spec-driven estimating platform for electrical, industrial mechanical and ITS contractors.
- Plancal Nova – offers integrated CAD/BIM and engineering calculations in one unified system, with advanced functionality developed specifically for building services firms.
- Real-time program and project performance. Executive dashboards can track the overall health of a construction project with at-a-glance project status and early-issue alerts, and also illustrate key elements by project stage, including cost and schedule performance.
- BIM and design management. 3D modeling, 4D (scheduling) and 5D (costing) tools with clash detection capability enable management and analysis early in the design process, rather than in the field during construction. Automated quantity takeoff based on 3D models makes estimating more efficient and accurate—even as projects evolve.
- Precision data for office and field. 3D modeling tools can be used by fabricators to ensure precise production and assembly of critical components, such as beams or trusses. Measurements can be downloaded into the core model prior to manufacturing, improving accuracy and saving time compared to manual data entry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV