DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- All-new Ford Mustang will make its big-screen debut in "Need for Speed" this spring before it goes on sale this fall
- Mustang has had one of the most prolific film and television careers of any car, with more than 3,200 appearances chronicled at MustangIMDB.com
- After five decades, Mustang continues to inspire fans around the world
Ford Mustang has been a star of the silver screen and the small screen for nearly 50 years, with more than 3,200 appearances in movies and television shows. Now, the all-new Mustang is getting off to a quick start with its movie debut in "Need for Speed" on March 14 .
"Need for Speed" star Aaron Paul will drive the custom 2014 Mustang hero car in the highly anticipated movie based on the long-running Electronic Arts video game series, and will take the wheel of the next-generation Mustang in its first on-screen appearance as well.
Click here to view a clip of the Mustang's debut in "Need for Speed.""On-screen or on the road, the visceral sight and sound of Mustang has been inspiring fans for nearly five decades," said Jim Farley, Ford executive vice president, global marketing, sales and service and Lincoln. "The feeling of optimism and being in control that Mustang's world-class power and performance provide is a perfect match for Aaron Paul's character in 'Need for Speed.'" When the original Mustang debuted in April 1964, it was still an unknown quantity, but the producers of Goldfinger almost immediately cast a Wimbledon white 1965 convertible in the movie. Five decades later, Mustang is an automotive and pop-culture icon, and "Need for Speed" director Scott Waugh wasted no time getting the new Mustang into his film months before it goes on sale. "I chose Mustang because it is a car that really represents American culture," said Waugh. "It just represents modern muscle, and it's iconic, having been in some of the greatest car chase movies of all time."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts