VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coalspur Mines Limited (ASX:CPL) (TSX:CPT) ("Coalspur" or "Company") announced today that the Alberta Energy Regulator ("AER") has closed its hearing relating to Coalspur's applications for the approval of the Vista project.
- The Alberta Energy Regulator closed its hearing relating to Coalspur's applications for approval of the Vista project
- The Alberta Energy Regulator is expected to render its decision regarding the approval of Vista within 90 days
- In anticipation of such decision, Coalspur continues to work with the various regulatory agencies relating to its applications in order to secure final approvals and permits for Vista
Last week Coalspur formally requested that the AER cancel the hearing scheduled to be held today, January 13, 2014, in light of the fact that the Company had reached agreement with all parties who were granted full intervener status. However, the AER decided to proceed with the hearing in order to allow an individual who was not granted full participant status to make a 30 minute presentation to the AER and to provide the AER hearing panel and staff the opportunity to ask questions of Coalspur and its consultants. The hearing opened at 09h00 in Hinton, Alberta and lasted for approximately five hours before it was formally closed.The AER is expected to render its decision on Coalspur's applications for approval of the Vista project within the next 90 days. The Chair of the AER panel committed to making a timely decision and acknowledged the importance thereof to the Company. In anticipation of the AER's decision, Coalspur continues to work with the various regulatory agencies relating to its applications for final environmental, water, land use and development approvals and permits for the Vista project.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts