Trade-Ideas: Fluor Corporation (FLR) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Fluor Corporation (FLR) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fluor Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.8 million.
- FLR is up 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FLR NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on FLR: Fluor Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Oil & Gas, Industrial & Infrastructure, Government, Global Services, and Power. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. FLR has a PE ratio of 25.9. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Fluor Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for Fluor Corporation has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fluor has a market cap of $12.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.99 and a short float of 3.1% with 4.84 days to cover. Shares are down 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fluor Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FLR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.01, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $470.32 million or 9.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.57%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 29.75% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- FLUOR CORP has improved earnings per share by 22.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FLUOR CORP reported lower earnings of $2.69 versus $3.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.04 versus $2.69).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Construction & Engineering industry average. The net income increased by 19.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $144.58 million to $173.05 million.
- You can view the full Fluor Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV