Chris Lau, Kapitall: Gaming stocks are riding the wave of demand for new consoles and games.
Nintendo (OTC:NTDOY) is having a moment in the sun. Its shares are trading at a 52 week high, thanks to strong unit sales. But what are some stocks to watch in the gaming market for 2014?
[Read more on gaming from Kapitall: Which Stocks Are Cracking the Chinese Gaming Market?]
Click on the interactive chart to see data over time. Sourced from Zacks Investment Research.Handheld sales stronger than Wii U Nintendo set a record for game sales in 2013. The company reported a 45% increase, or 16 million units, in 3DS sales. According to the company’s press release:
- More than 16 million combined packaged and digital Nintendo 3DS games were sold in 2013, an increase of more than 45 percent over 2012’s Nintendo 3DS game sales.
- The Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems, which also includes Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS, has crossed lifetime hardware sales of more than 11.5 million in the United States alone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV