FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for December 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
December 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $272 billion in December 2013, 12% lower than November 2013 and 6% higher than December 2012. Volume from indirect sources was 46% of total retail volume (1) in the fourth quarter 2013.
- Retail customer trading volume (1) for the fourth quarter 2013 was $895 billion, 9% lower than the third quarter 2013, and 1% higher than the fourth quarter 2012. Retail customer trading volume (1) for full year 2013 was $4.1 trillion, 14% higher than 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $13.6 billion in December 2013, 7% lower than November 2013 and 1% higher than December 2012.
- An average of 370,305 retail client trades per day in December 2013, 4% lower than November 2013 and 10% lower than December 2012.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 188,130 as of December 31, 2013, a decrease of 267, or 0% from November 30, 2013, and a decrease of 2,087, or 1%, from December 31, 2012.
December 2013 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $146 billion in December 2013, 24% lower than November 2013 and 83% higher than December 2012.
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) for the fourth quarter 2013 was $515 billion, 11% lower than the third quarter 2013, and 131% higher than the fourth quarter 2012. Institutional customer trading volume (1) for full year 2013 was $2 trillion, 72% higher than 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $7.3 billion in December 2013, 21% lower than November 2013 and 74% higher than December 2012.
- An average of 38,904 institutional client trades per day in December 2013, 4% higher than November 2013 and 244% higher than December 2012.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.fxcm.com.This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.fxcm.com. (1) Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars. (2) An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies. Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements In addition to historical information, this release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which reflect FXCM Inc.'s current views with respect to, among other things, its operations and financial performance for the future. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "outlook," "believes," "expects," "potential," "continues," "may," "will," "should," "seeks," "approximately," "predicts," "intends," "plans," "estimates," "anticipates" or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. FXCM Inc. believes these factors include but are not limited to evolving legal and regulatory requirements of the FX industry, the limited operating history of the FX industry, risks related to the protection of its proprietary technology, risks related to its dependence on FX market makers, market conditions and those other risks described under "Risk Factors" in FXCM Inc.'s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other SEC filings, which are accessible on the SEC website at sec.gov. These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this presentation and in our SEC filings. FXCM Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV