My Oakland source provides more verbal and visual context:
I counted and there are ELEVEN broken windows in a row ringing around Telegraph Ave and 20th St.
And -- just so you know -- this isn't exactly a derelict part of town. It is in the heart of the city's major redevelopment area, between our major economic anchors of the Fox and Paramount theaters. It is surrounded by several new apartment/condo complexes, more than a dozen hip restaurants and probably 2x that for bars. And several major employers including Pandora, Kaiser and Clorox all have their HQ's within five or six blocks of this building.
Yes, Oakland has it's challenges. And it is terrible that people would choose to self-destruct our local businesses in a protest. But -- as you know -- I take a lot of pride in my adopted hometown, and this blight is just shameful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV