Crown Holdings (CCK) Falls Further As It's Water-Logged And Getting Wetter
- CCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.2 million.
- CCK has traded 923,617 shares today.
- CCK traded in a range 220.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.18.
- CCK traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 25 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 25 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CCK: Crown Holdings, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of packaging products for consumer goods worldwide. CCK has a PE ratio of 20.7. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Crown Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Crown Holdings has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Crown has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 0.7% with 0.98 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Crown Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CCK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 68.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $325.00 million to $101.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for CROWN HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 17.92%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.22% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Crown Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.