NEW YORK , Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S., Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), today announced details associated with the company's rebranding activities in 2014. Stakeholders of ING U.S. will begin to see the new Voya Financial name in use during the second quarter of the year. The various ING U.S. businesses and legal entities plan to complete their transition to Voya throughout the year according to the following schedule:
- April 7, 2014 - ING U.S., Inc., ING U.S.'s publicly listed holding company, plans to change its name to Voya Financial, Inc.
- May 1, 2014 - ING U.S. Investment Management will rebrand to Voya Investment Management and the Employee Benefits business will begin using the Voya Financial brand.
- September 1, 2014 - all other ING U.S. businesses will begin using the Voya Financial brand and all remaining ING U.S. legal entities that currently have names incorporating the ING brand will change their names to reflect the Voya brand.
Until rebranding begins in April, ING U.S. will operate using its current name and logo. As the rebranding process advances between April and September, both the ING U.S. and Voya Financial names will be in use. Given the volume of material to change and the many aspects of the project to consider, the company chose to stagger the rebranding in order to accomplish an orderly transition for its 13 million individual and institutional customers. Even as it rebrands, nothing will change as a result of the rebranding with respect to customer accounts or policies, or the manner in which clients and financial professionals work with the company."The 7,000 ING U.S. employees who live and breathe our values each day will soon embrace their new roles as ambassadors of Voya," said Rodney O. Martin Jr., chairman and CEO of ING U.S. "Even though our name and logo will be different, the vision we have to be America's Retirement Company and our commitment to helping customers advance their retirement readiness remains the same. As we transition to Voya, the new brand will support our mission to make a secure financial future possible -- one person, one family, and one institution at a time." The Journey to Voya Financial On May 1, 2013, ING U.S. made its initial public offering as part of a program conducted by its Dutch parent, ING Group N.V., to divest certain global businesses. ING U.S. common stock currently trades under the ticker symbol "VOYA" on the New York Stock Exchange. ING Group currently owns approximately 57% of the outstanding common stock of ING U.S., Inc., and expects to completely divest its ownership by December 31, 2016. The Voya Financial identity represents a new era for ING U.S. At the same time, it closely aligns with what the company is already known for -- proactively and optimistically guiding Americans on their journeys to and through retirement. The name builds upon ING U.S.'s track record as a leader in key retirement, investment and insurance market segments.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts