NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Earnings season is under way, and TheStreet's Jill Malandrino and David Peltier are previewing the financial sector, and they reviewed a notable trade in the volatility index.
When stocks run ahead of earnings, profit-taking shouldn't come as a surprise, Peltier said, regardless of whether the report was good or bad.
Although the bulk of earnings season is several weeks away, the financial sector will be in the spotlight this week, Malandrino noted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV