ARMOUR Residential REIT (NYSE: ARR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 14.70%. ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. is a real estate investment trust launched and managed by ARMOUR Residential Management LLC. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.38. The average volume for ARMOUR Residential REIT has been 5,225,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. ARMOUR Residential REIT has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 2.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates ARMOUR Residential REIT as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ARMOUR RESIDENTIAL REIT INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- ARR, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 216.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 518.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $54.94 million to -$229.94 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $86.27 million or 18.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full ARMOUR Residential REIT Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts