DETROIT, Jan. 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced new innovations to the Compuware Workbench, a modern, intuitive Eclipse-based mainframe development environment. First released in 2010, the Workbench has quickly evolved into a dynamic solution that's made application development, testing and tuning faster and more efficient for both new and experienced developers across the globe. Updated offerings include significantly more robust data search and editing capabilities, additional debugging support and a code coverage reporting feature. The Workbench has also been more tightly integrated with Compuware APM for Mainframe and the company's other Developer Productivity solutions, dramatically improving the way teams collaborate when resolving application exceptions and performance problems.
"We find the Compuware Workbench attractive for several reasons," said Emmanuel Goussard, Project Leader for Modernized Mainframe Development Tooling for NATIXIS, a global corporate and investment bank headquartered in Paris. "For our development community it provides a way to standardize our development environment across different platforms and languages. It's very feature-rich and makes complex operations much easier to perform due to its intuitive, graphical interface. From an operations perspective, it's easy to install and deploy. And since it's an open platform, we can add Eclipse plug-ins from other vendors as well. All in all, we find the Workbench to be a robust mainframe development environment."
Developers at all experience levels will benefit from the following enhancements to the Workbench:-- More powerful search and edit capabilities. Compuware has strengthened the Workbench with extensive File-AID search and edit capabilities, significantly reducing the time developers spend finding and editing data.
- File-AID Search. Users can now perform sophisticated data queries and searches across multiple files using selection criteria.
- File-AID Data Editor. New functionality includes:
- Enhanced "find and replace" within an edit session, with complex Boolean search criteria and multiple field format support.
- Segmented record support, providing formatted segment edit capabilities, including insertion of new segments.
- Occurs Depending On (ODO) support, also providing formatted segment edit capabilities.
- 3-line vertical hex that simplifies editing with hex aware cursor advancement.
- z/OS Unix File Support. File-AID Data Editor now supports browse and edit of files on z/OS UNIX.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV